Wednesday 28 March 2012

Kiwi Film Review: Thor


IMDB: 7.0

Rotten Tomatoes: 77%

Roger Ebert: 1.5/4

Stars: Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins

Written by: Ashley Miller, Zack Stentz, Don Payne. (Original Comic Book by Stan Lee)

Directed by: Kenneth Branagh

Described by IMDB as : “The warrior Thor (Hemsworth) is cast out of the fantastic realm of Asgard by his father Odin (Hopkins) for his arrogance and sent to Earth to live among humans. Falling in love with scientist Jane Foster (Portman) teaches Thor much-needed lessons, and his new-found strength comes into play as a villain from his homeland sends dark forces toward Earth”

I think the first, most important, thing to say is holy hot damn Chris Hemsworth is one attractive man. Seriously, between him and Liam, I’ve never seen a more attractive set of brothers in my life. But, moving on. The movie was actually pretty good, I’ve obviously put it off for a long time because I wanted to see it in theaters, but no dice. I’m not sure if it was just me, but it seemed like the movie went by really fast and I actually would’ve enjoyed it more if it had been a bit longer with a bit more of a storyline. Overall the acting was pretty good, and I loved Natalie Portman in it. Chris made an excellent Thor, and I can’t wait to see more of him inThe Avengers. I’m not really sure what else to say about it besides again stating that I wish it had, had a better, stronger storyline. But, of what there was it was well done. The special effects were pretty decent. Again, I’m excited to see all of the super hero’s together in The Avengers.

Overall I’ll give this movie a 7ish/10. Probably not a movie I’m going to watch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment