Monday 8 April 2013

Roasted Potatoes


Roasted Potatoes


Ingredients
1 Clove Garlic
Chopped Onion
Baby Red Potatoes
Rosemary
Basil
Parsley
Salt & Pepper
Broccoli (optional)

(Serves 2)



Directions

1.) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

2.) Take the clove of garlic and chop finely (if you don't have cloves wait until the end when you're adding the seasoning and add garlic powder instead). Then take about half of a small onion and chop it into fairly small chunks. If you have large onions like myself, chop about handfull maybe, or a little less. Put both into a casserole dish (about 9X9), or any other pan or something that can be covered. 

3.) Clean the potatoes and cut them into bite-sized chunks. I normally use around 10-12 potatoes depending on how much I want to eat. I at least use enough to fully cover the bottom of the dish.

4.)(Optional) I like having a little green in there, so my normal go-to is Broccoli, but Asparagus is also a good alternative. Even green pepper is pretty delicious in there, but thats definitely my 3rd option.

5.) Put a generous amount of salt and pepper on there, I normally go for sea salt and black pepper, I just find the bigger chunks give it a little most flavour. Also, go ahead and add a sprinkle of the rosemary, basil and parsley on there. 

6.) Add some olive oil, I honestly don't know how much, a couple of tablespoons I suppose. Enough that its all covered. Mix it all up with your hands, make sure they're clean. You need to make sure that they're all covered because if not the potatoes will get dry, and they're nowhere near delicious enough. Cover the the dish.

7.) Put the dish in the oven. Keep it at 450 degree for about 30 minutes. Less then that and the potatoes will still be hard, but if you have plenty of time 40-45 minutes is prime.

They're absolutely delicious. 

This is a perfect side dish for my Grilled Steak recipe which can be found HERE and my Roasted Chicken recipe which can be found HERE.







No comments:

Post a Comment